Monday, February 11, 2008

Out and About in the Blogosphere

What’s it going to take to fix education? Renewing NCLB? Throwing money at more programs? Giving ME more money for classroom materials? Getting YOUR candidate into the White House? Buying your newest book, video, or program? No, no, no, no….none of those. Mamacita’s got the answer in one simple word…BEHAVIOR.

Recently I updated my history links….several new links over there in my “history academics, topics, and educators” blogroll. Check it out!

Ms. Chili has a display up for Black History Month, and she knows the secret….make them interactive.

The Echoes of the Bugle Fades Away is Ms. Cornelius’ notice that there is only one World War I veteran left to tell the story.

I thought this post for Wordless Wednesday was interesting. Yes, it is the Statue of Liberty, but those are many, many soldiers forming it. Read all about it over there!

This Thursday Thirteen provides some interesting information regarding wild west outlaws and Kitschy-Kitschy-Coo is an interesting site regarding collecting. This post is about collecting vintage greeting cards and provides an interesting look at preserving history.

History Is Elementary has been reviewed not once but twice. I appreciate the honest reviews. We learn and grow when we have input from others.

4 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

nice post but this is what our history should be about to me. The father of Jim Crow

James Stripes said...

I noticed that you added my Patriots and Peoples to your blogroll. Thank you. My aim with Patriots and Peoples is ongoing interrogation of the distortions and insights, the critical truths and gross errors that stem from two ideologically motivated U.S. history texts--one conservative, one liberal.

EHT said...

Thanks for visiting James.

Torrence,your comment would lead one to think that I had voiced my opinion regarding what your history should be about. I did not. My mention was only regarding a bulletin board display and that I liked the way it was presented. I'm also not sure how a post that is merely a bunch of links to share things can be nice, but your comment is a clever way for you to advertise your post which is spot on by the way for someone who describes himself as an amateur historian. :) I see you are a Georgian so I will be adding you to the blogroll over at Georgia on My Mind.

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

Thank you so very much for the mention and the link!