Monday, November 05, 2007

My, Where Does the TIme Go?

Today is my sister's birthday. I've written about her before, but I wanted to acknowledge her special day today.

Time has a way of marching on whether we want it to or not.

We cannot go back in time except through our memories. We cannot stop time even though Saturday morning cartoons and movies sometimes told us we could. One thing that we can do with time is capture it in images. These pictures are small snippets of time in my sister's life depicting her relationship with our father. The photographs show changes of time...not only in how Dear Sister has grown and matured over the years, but how Dear Daddy has grown from a young married father to a grandfather who has this uncanny knack of "always being correct in ALL matters." :)
I thought these two pictures were interesting. In the first image Dear Sister is still new at getting around on her own. She's enjoying some "prime Daddy time" sitting up high. In the second image Dear Sister is standing tall on her own, but notice....she's got an arm around her. That Daddy support is still there at the ready. Arms around the shoulder, quick hugs....those are the support actions that speak volumes over time as they are repeated over and over.
As time marches on these pictures become more and more precious to us all.
Happy Birthday, Karen. I love you very much! I hope you have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Ms. V. said...

I especially like your Dad's pocket protector/glass case holder, and his glasses perched on his nose.

Coulda been my Dad. Especially the *right in all matters* part. Gotta love 'em though.

EHT said...

Thanks for the comment, Ms. V.

Yes, my Dad is quite an interesting fellow. However, his case for his glasses is in his pocket....not a pocket protector.

EHT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.